Town of Pinetops Residential Solid Waste Management and Collection Policy
In accordance with North Carolina General Statute 160A-192 and Pinetops Town Code Chapter 7, Sec. 7-1: “It shall be unlawful for any person or entity to deposit or otherwise dispose of any garbage, trash or refuse of any kind upon any street, sidewalk, public place or vacant lot, or in any gutter or drain, or in any cistern, well, pond or water-course which is a source of water supply for any person of the town.” The following guidelines are to remind and educate the community to aid in the enhancement of the Town of Pinetops Solid Waste Program.
- Household waste is collected weekly in green totes on Monday (Tuesday if Monday is a holiday). Place household waste in bags before placing in tote, especially loose items such as charcoal, food, or other wet items.
- Household recyclable is collected bi-weekly in blue totes on Tuesday (Wednesday if Monday is a holiday).
- Yard Waste (leaves, shrubs, pine straw, grass clipping, tree limbs) is collected once a week, on Wednesdays. Separated (leaves, limbs, etc.) and place at the curbside but not in the road. Limbs can be no longer than 5 feet in length and 4 inches in diameter. Any trees cut down by a contractor/landscaper will be removed from property by contractor or resident.
- Construction/demolition/building debris will not be collected by the Town. Residents will be responsible for the removal of these items from property whether generated via a contractor or resident. Contact the Edgecombe County landfill at 252-827-4253 for advice on how to dispose of such items.
- Bulk items (e.g., furniture) is collected on Thursdays. Lawn mowers must have the battery removed and fluids drained, gas grills must have the tanks removed. Please note: the Town does not pick up cleanouts of houses or rental units!
- The Town does notpick up mattresses, appliances (e.g., washers, dryers, refrigerators….), electronic item (e.g., televisions, laptops, desktops, monitors, video displays, printers, scanners, and other computer equipment), fluorescent lights, thermostats that contain mercury, batteries, car parts, canisters that contain fuel, or other household hazardous waste. Please contact the Edgecombe County landfill at 252-827-4253 for disposal options for these items or visit https://www.edgecombecountync.gov/departments/solid_waste_landfill/index.php
PLEASE NOTE: If construction/demolition/building debris, or any other items listed above, that the Town will not pick up is left by the roadway for more than seven (7) days, it will be subject to pick up by the Town without notice and the owner will be charged all the costs associated with its deposal including, but not necessarily limited to, landfill costs, equipment, fuel, and labor cost."
Please contact the Town Office at 252-827-4435 with any questions.